Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Brandt’s “Sponsors of Literacy”

Reading Brandt's "Sponsors of Literacy" was definitely a difficult start for me but the more I read on, the more it slowly came to me. To me, Brandt put an emphasis on how literacy can be seen in many aspects such as your surroundings, an institution like school, or maybe one or several people. I know teachers play a big role in literacy in many people's lives. There is much demand for proper literacy in today's society that you almost struggle in a way with how much a certain knowledge is needed. I remember one portion of the reading where Brandt spoke of sponsors being people that show up typically in your memories, so I'd definitely have to say my parents are very responsible for my amount of literacy today. They have always been there if i needed help or had questions and they've been a huge help.

No comments:

Post a Comment